It's been a while, but life still goes on out here in Alpine. My days are filled with hilarious (and sometimes diffucult) children, and pursuing various hobbies in the evening. I've learned that I'm a pretty decent cook when I apply myself, and that I'm easily addicted to TV shows. Which means I must exercise varying amounts of self-restrant whenever I pass by that big black screen in the basement, becuase I know that if I turn it on, I'd stumble out of some weird TV time warp two hours later... not good for Megan. Instead, I've been trying to spend time reading all the books I need to for school, but then I wake up an hour later from a nap! I never fall asleep whilst reading, with the exception being whenever I crack open a self-help book. Sad, huh?
In other news, Rae is pretty much talking! Yesterday I swear I heard her say Mom and today Julia says Rae recited the 1964th Presidential Inaguration speech. They grow up so fast... she's almost crawling too, she gets up on all fours and does this scooching thing that kind of looks like a modified version of "the Worm". Ah, she's so dang cute.
I finally remembered why I started writing, becuase Valentine's Day is next Sunday! I love Valentine's, and not becuase of the massive amounts of chocolate I usually eat (and won't be able to this year), but becuase it's the day to celebrate looooove, in all of it's forms! There's the romantic kind, the friendly kind, the sweet kind, the family kind, and the cute-warm-and-cuddly kind to name some. Now, I've never really celebrated the romatic kind and probably won't for quite a few years (if all goes according to plan), so I normally focus on the family and friendly types of love. This year however, I'm going for the cute-warm-and-cuddly kind by asking Rae to be my Valentine! She happily agreed, at least I'm taking her smile and excessive amounts of drool and spit as a "Yes, I would love to be your Valentine Auntie Megan". I've already got it all planned out, with a surprise ballon to play with and maybe one of those cute red teddy bears to sneak into her crib. A pretty good plan, right? I think so, I'll let you guys know how it pans out ;)
Off to the grocery store!
Stuff I'm Probably Dancing To
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy Belated Valentine's Day Megan! May you feel all kinds of love this year =]
ReplyDeleteSee you soon!