Stuff I'm Probably Dancing To

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hogenpogen

So Halloween is over and even though I didn't have NEARLY as much candy as other years (thanks to my mostly-dairy-free lifestyle) I'm still recovering from the sugar high. I'm going to be putting some pictures up, as promised, and you'll get to see how Julia, Daniel, and I themed our costumes around Rae's :)

On another note, after my three week stint as Relief Society Teacher, they've given me a new calling. Any guesses? Any at all? Well, I didn't expect you to guess right so here it is, first counselor in the relief society presidency. WOE! Kinda different huh? I just moved into this ward like two months ago, and they're putting me in a position like that?! I didn't even know who the new president was! But since meeting her, I've found out that she's pretty much a newbie like myself, so I'm not too stressed. Yet. Ya... She seems very nice though, and I look forward to helping her best I can, becuase that's what first counselors are supposed to do, right? At least that's what my mom told me....

Work is going well, I love how cute my group of little first graders are :) I've finally nailed down my schedule so that I can leave at one thirty every afternoon. It's fun becuase Julia and Rae have been meeting me on the sidewalk these past few days, and then we walk home together. Can I just say that my life is cute? Probably doesn't make much sense to say that, but it is. The only un-cute part is that today I was helping in a History class of fourth graders and during the course of the class I found out that there was a tarrantula. In the classroom. Right next to where I was standing. Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment